Musette

Musette

Wednesday 28 December 2016

Interval-tastic!

Aahhhhh, holiday... Three lovely weeks of it. Time to catch up on the to-do list, spend some time with the kids, and the family are coming over from the UK too.

Also time for some training, obviously! With the possibility of babysitters, there was even a chance for Malin and I to ride together on the MTBs.

The week started with intervals on the Monark. A tough session with short intervals, and short recovery. Just about hit my numbers, which feels easier outdoors, as usual. Onto the next session with Malin and the kids in the trailers. A windy route out to the coast in Bjärred, then down to Lomma and back inland and home. Windy as fook, which seems to be a bit of a theme for this time of year. Riding with the trailer on is like having a sail behind you, makes it tough when it's windy.

Thursday was another session like two weeks ago, as many intervals as I could muster, then one more for luck. This time the intervals were a bit shorter, and I was feeling strong and relaxed. I had in mind before I started that I would easily be able to do 10 intervals this time, and would aim for at least that. Halfway through the 45 intervals I was actually wondering if I could do this all day! I started to worry that I needed to get home in time to meet Malin. Then the heavy legs started to set in, every interval for the last 10 I was thinking that this might be the last, but it wasn't until I'd done 44 intervals that I couldn't hold the power anymore. Recover and then push the last one. Feeling tired, but satisfied.

Up and down, and up and down, and.....
Friday was a chance to ride with Malin while the kids were with their grandparents. We rode the road bikes due to my training MTB being at Musette for some exciting changes (more about that in next weeks update). Our zone 2 paces are a little out of sink still, so I lead and rode to the lower end of my zone, with Malin riding to the higher end. She pulled off as we passed close to Lund again and I rode the last 50mins on my own. The change of pace was a reminder of the tough session the day before and I was feeling pretty fatigued by the time I got home.

The weekend was set aside for rest, and celebrating Christmas with the family. I hope you all had a great Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment