Musette

Musette

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Introduction

Next season sees lots of changes for me. It’s the first year since 2014 that I won’t be a member of a larger team. In 2015 we had a four-cyclist team (two men and two ladies), which grew in 2016 to 10 cyclists. I was the director sportive of the teams, with responsibility to find sponsors and sorting out all the day-to-day running. With the sad demise of Bikeitaly it was time to look around for new support.

Firstly my wife and I decided that a bike/team for her was the most important seeing as I already had a full stable that I could use for another season if needed. So we put the feelers out, and quickly found that a local shop in Lund that had recently changed owners was planning on starting a women’s team. This seemed to be too good an opportunity to miss, so I even offered my services as  director sportive to get things rolling. With things looking positive we shifted focus to me and had a great offer from the same group, only riding as an individual and for their sister shop in Malmö. A strong positive for me was the chance to continue with my 2016 bike sponsor BMC, as I have absolutely loved riding their bikes, from MTB to road to CX.

So what’s next?

I will be updating this blog at regular intervals and talking about kit, training, and life in general trying to fit in training for two parents around our busy lives with two kids and full-time jobs. So watch this space!

CX season is in full swing in Skåne!

No comments:

Post a Comment